Do you often feel unhappy and unconfident in your life? Are you drowning in self-doubt,confused about where your life is headed?Do you feel like you are stuck?If you are going through any of this, you’re not alone. What’s more, you’re not without options for help and support.
Dealing with depression is never easy. The more aspects of your life that trouble you, the more challenging it gets to stay self-assured.
How do I know I have depression?
According to the Mayo Clinic Health Information Center, depression is characterized as experiencing at least a few of the following symptoms:
- Consistent feeling of sadness or hopelessness
- Extreme frustration and anger over small matters
- Loss of interest in daily activities
- Problems with sleep, such as insomnia or over-sleeping
- Persistent lack of energy and tiredness in small tasks
- Irregular appetite and eating habits
- Slowing down mentally and physically (thinking, speaking, moving slowly)
- Fixation on feelings of guilt, self-blame and worthlessness
- Indecisiveness, memory problems, lack of focus
- Suicidal thoughts and thoughts of death
You don’t have to go through it alone. It’s also important to not ignore the symptoms of your depression. You may have been told that it’s just stress or grief, and that you will be fine if you just “think positive.” That is not true!
Being extensively trained in experiential psychotherapy techniques, and having worked with reputed professionals in the field of depression treatment, I can provide personalized therapeutic help to you—one step at a time.
If you’re in Birmingham, Alabama, reach out today.