Depression Therapist In Birmingham, Alabama
Do you often feel unhappy and unconfident in your life? Self-doubt, being confused about where your life is headed, feeling stuck…if you are going through all this, you’re not alone. And you’re not without options for help and support.
The Anxiety and Depression Association of America reports that over 6.7% of the U.S. adult population suffers from major depressive disorder. For most people, depressive disorders usually develop around the age of 30, with various contributing factors such as shifts in relationships, problems with career life, and unfulfilled goals.
Dealing with depression is never easy. The more aspects of your life are troubling you, the more challenging it gets stay self-assured.
How do I know I have depression?
According to the Mayo Clinic Health Information Center, depression is characterized as experiencing multiple of the following symptoms:
- Consistent feeling of sadness or hopelessness
- Extreme frustration and anger over small matters
- Loss of interest in daily activities
- Problems with sleep, such as insomnia or over-sleeping
- Persistent lack of energy and tiredness in small tasks
- Irregular appetite and eating habits
- Slowing down mentally and physically (thinking, speaking, moving slowly)
- Fixation on feelings of guilt, self-blame and worthlessness
- Indecisiveness, memory problems, lack of focus
- Suicidal thoughts and thoughts of death
You don’t have to go at it alone, and you should not ignore your symptoms of depression. You may have been told that it’s just stress or grief, and that you will be fine if you just “think positive”.
Extensively trained in experiential psychotherapy techniques and having worked with reputed professionals in the field of depression treatment, I can provide personalized therapeutic help—one step at a time.